Instructions for setting up and using complex pricing schemes
The InCust platform allows you to set up a flexible pricing system. If prices in your company can vary depending on the exchange rate, season, taxation, or local expenses, then with the help of new functions, recently implemented in inCust, you will be able to customize and enable automatic use of various pricing schemes.
For this, please read the detailed description of the settings and capabilities.
In the Control Panel, you can add a list of Taxes/Fees and a list of Costs/Margins. Data from these lists will be used as default values for subsequent adjustment and calculation of the selling price for the product.
The data from the Taxes/Fees list will be used when setting up the Price Groups.
Price group is a list of goods and their master prices.
Master price (basic price) is a price that does not include taxes and fees or costs/margins.
For your Price group, you choose Taxes and Fees from the previously created list that will be applied to the goods in this group. You can edit the default tax value for the whole group or for each item separately. The price group that you have created is subsequently connected to the Terminal (only one price group can be used in one Terminal). So, when goods are sold using this Terminal, the price will be formed according to the values specified in the connected Price group.
Data from the Costs/Margins list will be used directly in the Terminal (salesperson’s application). For each Terminal, you select Сosts / Margins from the previously created list. If necessary, you can edit the default value of Costs / Margins for a particular Terminal or for each goods or services item sold through this Terminal.
An algorithm for determining the public price:
- The system determines the price of the goods using the Price group (if it is used in the Terminal).
- The system adds Taxes and Fees that are used in the Price group to the master price of the item.
- If a list of Costs / Margins is specified for the Terminal, the price is adjusted taking these values into account.
- The Public price is formed.
To form the Public Price, you do not need to set Taxes / Fees or Costs / Margins. Depending on your pricing method, you can use separately Price Groups or Costs / Margins for the Terminal (but they are not mandatory either).
Set up the process plan:
- Create a basic list of Taxes and Fees in the “Taxes and Fees” tab
- Create a basic list of Costs / Margins in the “Costs / Margins” tab
- Create and configure “Price Groups”
- Create and configure “Price groups of goods”
Daily price editing:
a) Edit the price in the Price group
b) Edit the price in the Price Table mode
- For the Terminal, specify the previously created Price group.
- Set up a list of extra charges and fees for a specific terminal.
- (Optional) Set up pricing for commercial customers.